Wednesday, April 25, 2012

V is for Volcano

Part of my future travel plans include a visit to Hawaii.  I'm lucky enough to work for a great hotel company, and we're opening a new property there next year.  I think that makes it a perfect time to go for the first time!

Much to my mom's dismay, most of plans for Hawaii include laying around on the beach and just relaxing in the gorgeous surroundings for a while.  Don't get me wrong...I love being a tourist and running around and doing things.  I did live in DC for 3 years and played tour guide fairly often!  However, I would like to go on a vacation soon where I don't need to be running around being touristy.  I want to just go and relax.  Lay on the beach....visit the spa....have a few cocktails.

However, there are a few things in Hawaii that I'm not willing to pass up.  I'll need to go to Pearl Harbor while I'm there, and I also want to do outdoorsy things like diving and hiking and biking.  I've done a little research via the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, and their list of things to do sounds amazing to me.  Mostly the hiking and the lava viewing.  I can't think of a better way to spend the day if I'm not going to spend it laying in the sun on the beach!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

What hotel company do you work for Sarah?

kate n said...

Dont forget to hold your nose around the sulfur!