Tuesday, April 3, 2012

C is for Culinary School

Culinary school is on my more short term bucket list.  I love to cook, and last year I had the epiphany that I loved it enough to try and make a career out of it.  If I'm being completely honest, the idea of culinary school really intimidates me.  It shouldn't, because I'm already fairly competent in the kitchen, but I think it's the idea of starting something from scratch that's just a little scary.  I always thought that if I went back to school it would be to get a masters or doctorate in the field that I started in (Psychology), or at least something similar.  On the other hand, I'm ridiculously excited, and I wish I could start taking classes tomorrow!

I have some things I need to take care of before I can get started (like getting rid of all of the credit card debt I accrued in college, and when I decided to move across the country), but I've made good progress with those things since moving back home, and I'm hoping to be able to start school in the next year or so.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to to do pastry school or the savory side of things, but when I do, you'll all hear about it!

6 comments:

Judy said...

That's a great goal! I too would love to know how to be a great chef, but I don't think I have it in me! I love all those shows, though - Top Chef, Next Food Network Star, etc. Love them!! Good luck to you!!

Misha Gerrick said...

Oh wow that's wonderful! All the best with paying off your debts so that you can start as soon as possible.
:-)

Gerri said...

I can't wait until you start either! I'm looking forward to you using me as a taste tester...sweet or savory, I will do either!

Pearson Report said...

Good for you, Sarah, deciding to follow your heart. For twenty-eight years I have been passionate about my career, getting paid to do what I love is wonderful.

Good luck achieving your goals. Great "C" post.

Jenny @ Pearson Report
Co-Host of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I'd love to do that! Good luck with it.

Tammy said...

I think you'd be great as a chef Sarah! Annnnnnddd.......you remember where I live right?