1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US state. Have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?
- I haven't made it to Hawaii yet, but if things go as I'd like them to, I'll be making my way there next year. I've been wanting to go for ages, but plane tickets are just so dang expensive! As for the flower, can I have one of each? They're both so pretty!
2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?
- There are so many! Pineapple fried rice...pineapple upside down cake...Malibu & Pineapple Juice...smoothies....
3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.
- Yes, but I don't believe in the traditional definition of "soul mates." Not only do I believe that you can have more than one, but I believe you soul mate(s) don't always come in the form of a significant other. They can also come in the form of your best friend.
4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.
- I feel like my childhood was rare in that I lived my entire life in the same house. I guess one of my fondest memories are from when I was a kid, and we would all sit on the couch in our living before we went to bed and our mom would read to us. I always loved that.
5. Are you comfortable with silence?
- Not particularly. My mind races when it's quiet, so I always try to surround myself with some sort of noise. I fall asleep with the TV on solely because I need the background noise to tune out whatever's floating through my brain. I listen to the radio all day at work for the same reason. Noise actually helps me to clear my mind and be able to concentrate. It must be the musician in me.
6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)
- Smash it with a shoe before it can move and hide and lay eggs somewhere.
7. My idea of fun does NOT include ______________.
- Phoenix in the summer....seriously....if I could live up north from May to October I'd do it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
- I'm currently watching the movie "You Again." It's one of those movies that I can watch repeatedly and not really get sick of. It's pretty funny.