1. In an effort to combat obesity, the mayor of NYC has plans to ban the sale of large sugary drinks (anything over 16 oz.), initially in restaurants, movie theatres, and street carts. Corner stores would also be affected if they are defined as food service establishments. You can read more here . Your thoughts?
------ The part of me that is saddened by how severe our obesity problem is in this country thinks this is a great idea. However, a bigger part of me thinks that it's not the mayor's business to be telling people how much sugar they consume. I may not agree with people's destructive habits, but that doesn't mean it's my (or anyone else's) place to interfere and tell them how to live their lives.
2. Art festival, music festival, food festival...which would you most like to attend?
------ Oh jeez, that's a tough one. Ideally I'd love to attend a music and food festival combined!
3. What are you irrational about?
------ I think in general, I'm an overly rational person. I don't think there's really one specific thing that I'm always irrational about. My mom may be a better person to ask about this.
4. Do you feel confident you'll have a comfortable retirement?
------ Not at the moment, but I'm still young. I have plans for a great career, and I'm sure my feelings on this will likely change a lot in the coming years.
5. What's been your favorite Olympic moment so far?
(Not ever, just in the 2012 Summer games)
------ I think it's got to be watching Michael Phelps finish out his career in an epic way. Watching him race and blow away the existing medal records has been a great thing. I also loved watching Gabby Douglas win her gold in the women's all-around gymnastics competition. She's just so precious and talented. I also just watched one of the best comebacks ever. Misty and Kerri just made an insane comeback against the Chinese to make it to the gold medal match where they'll play our other American team. Crazy. I just love sports...and the Olympics....
6. What would you label as the messiest room in your house?
------ As to not throw my parents under the bus, I'll go with my bedroom. I've lived here about a year and I just can't seem to get it organized enough to my liking, so it just gets messy. It's much smaller than I'm used to living in, and I haven't dealt with that very well!
7. Do you follow your heart or your head?
------ Oh jeez. I would have to say more my head. Like I said before, I'm a really rational person. Being spontaneous and taking leaps of faith scare me.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
------ I don't want to go to the dentist tomorrow. I love my dentist, but I'm not too fond of his hygienist. She's better than his last one...but not by much.