On to the hodgepodge!
1. What's the best and worst thing thing about growing older?
- I'd have to say the best thing about getting older is the things we learn along the way. Now, it's no secret that if being a student could be a viable occupation that's what I'd be doing, but that's not what I mean. I'm talking about all of life's lovely little lessons. Both the good and the bad. They shape who you are, and a lot of those lessons can only be learned with time. Now, the worst thing about growing older is feeling old. Both mentally and physically. Personally, I have the world's worst joints, I'm pretty sure. So some days, my 27 year old body feels about 70. That's not an exaggeration. I'd say I'd love to go back to the time before I injured every joint in my body and be more careful and take better care of myself, but honestly, I'm fairly certain there's a high level of genetic predisposition there, so it probably doesn't matter. Plus, the majority of those injuries happened doing things I love, and I would never be okay giving up any of those things. As for mentally feeling old...I still have a great memory and all that jazz, but any time anyone reminds me that my twin cousins will be 16 and driving this year....I cry a little on the inside and wonder where the time has gone. I mean, I was at the hospital when they were born, and I remember it like it was yesterday. It's not okay that they're growing up, but they refuse to obey my instructions and stop growing!
2. Autumn arrives this week in the Northern Hemisphere...what one thing do you love most about the fall season?
- COOLER WEATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is all.
3. Speaking of fall...pumpkin seems to be flavoring everything these days-are you a fan? What's your favorite pumpkin flavored food or beverage?
- I LOVE PUMPKIN! I love eating it...and I love carving them. Carving pumpkins is one of my favorite past times. I'm not going to be able to do it this year, and I'm already sad about it. That wasn't the question though. Yes, I am a huge fan of pumpkin-y food and drinks. I wait in anticipation all year for the Pumpkin Spice Latte to make it's reappearance at Starbucks. I love pumpkin pie. Last year I got this recipe for pumpkin cookies on Pinterest. They are so easy to make, and they really are as good as the blogger brags that they are. Amazing! I can't wait to make them again soon.
4. Since we're on the subject of fall...what's the worst fall you've ever taken?
- Honestly, I don't think I have one. I'm notorious for running into things and ending up with giant bruises all over my body, but I'm not really prone to falling.
5. If you could own a prop from any film what would you choose?
- This isn't a film, but I really want the orange couch that was in Central Perk on the show Friends.
6. What's the most interesting word you've read or learned in the past week?
- I honestly can't think of a new word I've learned this week, so I just went to WordThink to see what their word of the day is. Today is "fractious." It's an adjective that means easily irritated or bad tempered.
7. When was the last time you locked yourself out of your house, car, or office? Was it a big deal?
- It's been a long time since I've done any of those things. In high school I used to lock myself out of my truck all the time, but now that I'm super paranoid about it I haven't done it in quite some time. Luckily it was never that big of a deal.
- I'm hungry. To the point that it's almost all I can think about. I think that means it's time for dinner!
Thanks for reading everyone! Please take a minute to visit our fabulous Hodgepodge host Joyce!