Tuesday, September 18, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things: Pop Culture Edition

Happy Tuesday!  In a continuing effort to share some of myself with you and to get to know some of you, I figured I'd share some of  my favorite things.  I think pop culture is something everyone can relate to.  Movies, TV, Music, Literature...oh my!  I have a pretty wide scope of what I'll watch/listen to/read, but here's just a few of my personal favorites.


Favorite Band:
via abcnewsradioonline.com
They had me at "Push" back in 1997, and it's been love ever since.  I love everything about them.  I love that their songs are so well written.  I love Rob Thomas' voice.  I love that, unlike some bands :::coughNickelbackcough:::, none of their songs sound exactly the same.  North is their newest album since going on hiatus in 2007, and it's awesome.  Rob Thomas also released two solo albums during the first hiatus the band went on, and those are also awesome.  I've seen Rob Thomas in concert once when he came to the state fair a few years ago, but I have yet to see the whole band in concert (don't even get me started on how upsetting this is!).  Now that there's a new album there will be a new tour, and you better believe I will be there.  Even if it means paying an obscene amount of money and even having to drive to a neighboring state!  Hopefully they'll have a show in AZ, but the American tour hasn't been announced yet.


Other Bands/Musicians I Can't Get Enough Of:
All Images via Google Image
Music is my life.  I can relate any situation to a song.  There's always some song stuck in my head (currently it's "Good Life" by OneRepublic).  So while I love these 5 artists, this is just the tip of the iceberg.  My iTunes library is massive and very diverse.  There will be a post some other time about why I'm such a nut about music.


Favorite Movies:
Images via Google Image

I'm very much the kid at heart.  Like music, my DVD collection is pretty diverse, but these two movies are hands down my favorite of all time.


Favorite TV Shows:
Images via Google Image
I watch a lot of TV.  More than I really should, but these four shows are my favorites.  To date there isn't an episode of any of them that I dislike or wouldn't watch multiple times.


Favorite Books:
Images via Google Image
Here's just a few of my favorite books.  I love to read, so if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears!



I think that's enough from me for today.  What are some of your favorite things in the realm of pop culture?  Anyone have any fun guilty pleasures (i.e. listening to the song Call Me Maybe excessively or watching ridiculous shows like Teen Mom and 16 Pregnant.  All of which I do by the way...I'm not ashamed!)











No comments: