Monday, September 17, 2012

Getting to Know You: The Basics

Like I said yesterday, I have a lot of new followers, and you all don't know too much about me.  I figured it was time to change that.  I figured I'd start with the basics, and go from there.  So, here's a little bit of background for you!

Name: Sarah

Age: 27...I'm currently having issues dealing with the fact that I'm in my late 20's.  One of my best friends realized the other day that the characters in the show Friends are 28 during Season 4.  When did we become old enough that we can actually relate our lives to our favorite show?!  I don't think it had ever occurred to either of us that we were now the same age as the characters.  Let alone all the way to season 4 already!  Believe me, I'm by no means saying I'm old, because I'm not, but sometimes I'm confused as to where the time has gone.  It's a little scary sometimes.

Family:  I'm an extremely blessed individual.  I have an amazing family.  My parents are still married, and have been for almost 33 years.  I'm the oldest of 3 kids.  I have a younger brother who is the most generous and caring individual I know.  I also have a younger sister who is completely crazy, but in an amazing way.  She's one of my best friends, and one of the funniest people I know.  I also have a very, very large extended family that always makes life interesting on a regular basis.  Oh, and then there's Tiger.  She's the tabby cat that's the newest addition to our family.  She's a little weird and noisy, but I love her.

Location:  Currently I'm living back at home with mom and dad in Phoenix, Arizona.  I was born and raised here.  I'm one of the few people I know that lived their entire childhood in the same house.  I went to Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona for 4 years.  If Flagstaff were a larger city, I might not have left, but it's not and I did.  I spent another year in Phoenix, and then I moved to Washington, DC.  I spent three years in that amazing city until I just couldn't afford it anymore, and now I'm back in Phoenix.  So, I'll apologize now that you'll likely read a lot about how much I hate the heat, but I hate it, and that's never going to change.

Occupation:  It's not something that I plan on ever writing about.  But I will say that I work in the hospitality industry and I love my job.

I think that's a good start for now.  So, if you feel so inclined, I'd love to know a little about all of you!  Just the basics for today.  You name, where you're located, and any other "basic" you feel like sharing.




1 comment:

Gerri said...

Mom...from the surface of the Sun...I love you :)...oh, and the age thing...it only gets worse..believe me. Wait till you realize your the age of Grandma and Grandpa Walton. You do know who the Walton's are...don't you? ;)