Monday, September 20, 2010

Not Every Week Is Successful

Well, I've had my first unsuccessful week since starting the diet. I gained 2 lbs. last week. However, I have no one to blame but myself, so there's that. I hate horrible all week, so honestly, I'm shocked to have not gained more than that! Normally I cook 5-6 nights a week, and I think this week I only cooked one night, and that was my downfall.

I'm still working on motivating myself to get to the gym. It somehow always works out that I find something else to do when I get home from work, and by the time I'm done it's late and I'm tired. So we'll see how that goes this week.

I've also finally gotten my violin all fixed up so I can play it again, so that's also on the list of things to do this week. I haven't played in about 2 years, so I need to really get back into the swing of it. Once I've gotten my skills back to where they should be I'll start looking for a community symphony to join. I'd love to be playing new music again and performing in concerts. I miss it, and if I could do it for a living I definitely would. I know this has really nothing to do with the diet or weight loss, but it's what makes me happy. And I'm a firm believer that you're more likely to succeed when you're happy.

Okay...I'm illegally posting from work since I don't actually have work to do, so that'll be all for now. Have a great week everyone!

1 comment:

Gerri said...

This week will be better. I'm excited that you're going to be playing your violin again....you know how much I love it. I love you too! oxox