Monday, August 23, 2010

Week 2 - Baby Steps

Baby steps has become my new mantra as of this morning. I only lost a half a pound last week. It's a little discouraging, but in all honesty I was ready to see that I'd gained a pound or so back, so what normally would have derailed my will power didn't. Last week was a high stress week for me, and the scale showed it. It happens.

So for this week, I'm going to try and avoid the things I did last week to screw myself up. No shoving half a bagel down my throat just to get food in my stomach. No chugging sugary coffee like it's going out of style. No cupcakes (I did only have one...to celebrate a co-workers birthday....I avoided the other set of cupcakes for someone elses something and the cake for a friend's farewell shindig...overall..win!).

I also got to the gym today for the first time since starting this diet. Another baby step.

I'm feeling pretty good about this whole process, so maybe I'll be able to channel some of this positive energy into a new job! Until next time....

3 comments:

Chrissi said...

Good Job Sarah! I'm so proud of you, and I KNOW you can reach your goal!! Woohoo! :) Love you

Gerri said...

You have the right attitude. Look at the positive side of the week and move forward. That 1/2 lb you lost is two sticks of butter off your body (an old WW thing...lol). You are doing great and I'm so proud of you.

Dana Erickson said...

1/2 a pound a week is 26 pounds in a year. That is still awesome! Keep up with the good work!