My last post had last year's New Years Resolutions in it. So let's recap on how that went shall we?
- Love Myself - We'll just call this one a fail and leave it alone.
- Enjoy Life More - Success overall. Once I realized I had to leave my life in DC behind I made sure to live it up good before I left.
- Win My Battle With My Weight - This is going to be a long process obviously. It had some ups and downs this year. I lost 20 pounds...then after moving I've gained about 10-15 of those back. So starting tomorrow, it'll be time to go back to the gym and get myself back on the diet that was working.
Okay, now that we've covered that....on to the reader's digest recap of 2011:
- I continued to work at the same hotel despite many efforts to find a job elsewhere.
- I had to make the difficult decision to move back to Phoenix after 3 wonderful years in DC. Unfortunately my inability to find a new job made it financially impossible for me to stay in DC.
- My mom came to visit me for a week in DC and we had a great time being nerdy tourists for a week.
- I spent my last months in DC trying to take in as much as I could before I left. This includes many hockey and baseball games, concerts and seeing all of the tourists spots I hadn't seen yet. I didn't quite get around to everything, but it's not like I won't be visiting soon.
- In August I was a bridesmaid in a good friend's wedding. It was the weekend before I left town, and it was such a wonderful way to end my time in DC.
- My sister flew out to DC and we once again made a cross country road trip in Malibu Barbie.
- We stopped in Oklahoma City for a few days where the rest of the family met us and we got to spend some time sight seeing and spending time with a section of the family we don't normally see.
- I once again became an AZ citizen in September.
- I'm a Phoenix Coyotes season ticket holder.
- 2 of my best friends got engaged within a week of each other, and it feels like everyone I know either had a baby or announced a pregnancy in 2011.
- I'm living at home with the parents and working at the hotel I worked at last time I lived here.
That about sums up 2011. There were a lot of good points and some not so good points, and I'm ready to just move on to 2012. 2012 is going to involve a lot more blogging...no, really, it is! Mom and I are going to be participating in the Blogging from A-Z April Challenge. In order to work ourselves up to blogging 6 days a week, we're going to co-blog. Each month will have a different theme, and we're going to aim for 2 posts a month, but I'd like to think we could manage at least once a week. So stay tuned for that, and we'll see how it goes!